Devonport Christian School is a school where the values taught at home are reinforced by Christian staff, working within a Christian Curriculum.
A leading, truly Christ-centred school community, where students learn to love God, pursue excellence and flourish to reach their full potential.
Devonport Christian School develops students through high quality, holistic primary education in a Christ-centred school community.
At Devonport Christian School we value...
1. Christ-centredness - in our character and all we do
"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17
2. Holistic Education - enabling children to develop physically, socially, emotionally, academically and spiritually
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all strength ... Love your neighbour as yourself." Mark 12: 30, 31
3. Excellence - doing our best in all things
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord." Colossians 3:23
4. Family Partnerships - working with and supporting care-givers in their role as the child's primary educator
"Bring them (your children) up in the training and instruction of the Lord." Ephesians 6:4
5. Authentic community - serving and supporting all members of our school
"Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another .... and over all these virtues put on love." Colossians 3:12 - 14
6. Godly Leadership - through all levels of the school
"Each one should use whatever gifts he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:10