Devonport is a leading, truly Christ-centred school community, where students learn to love God, pursue excellence and flourish to reach their full potential. We are dedicated to providing a supportive and respectful environment where our staff and students are valued.
Devonport consists of a team of passionate and professional educators with a passion for Christian Education. Our staff go beyond the ordinary and see the bigger picture of God’s world and our place and purpose within it.
If you have any questions about employment at Devonport Christian School, please do not hesitate to contact us on (03) 6423 1373.
Devonport Christian School is a child protecting school and has a zero tolerance of child abuse. We have established a series of policies, procedures and a Code of Conduct aimed to protect children from abuse and embed a culture of child safety in the school environment. A Working with Vulnerable Person’s Check is a condition of all employees, parent helpers and volunteers.
Once your application has been received, we will contact you to arrange an interview with our Principal.
Applicants must be active Christians with current Church involvement.
Head of Primary
The Principal of Devonport Christian School is calling for Expressions of Interest from experienced Christian educators for the position of Head of Primary. This is a new position established in response to the positive growth of the school with healthy primary enrolments into the future and expansion into secondary schooling and in 2023.
It is expected that the applicant will be able to commence by January 2023 (or negotiated by successful applicant).
Interested and qualified applicants should include the following in their expression of interest:
- A brief covering letter
- Your current CV
- An overview of your faith journey
- Experience in respect to the leadership qualities and responsibilities listed on page 7 of the Candidate Information Pack, under ‘The Right Person’.
- Names of three referees (two professional and one pastoral)
Please send applications to the CEN Consultancy Administrator, Melinda Storm at email@example.com
Applications will be received until COB Tuesday 27 September 2022.
For enquiries please contact Melinda Storm, CEN Consultancy Administrator on 02 4773 5800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
General Classroom Teacher (Junior Secondary)
- The position is for a General Classroom Teacher (Junior Secondary) 1.0 FTE.
- Commencing 1st January 2023 (initial 12-month position or 24-month position if relocating to state
- The position is classified under the ‘Tasmanian Independent Christian Schools (Teachers) Multi Enterprise Agreement 2022’ with a salary range between $73,532 – $105,046 pa depending on registration and years of teaching experience.
- School is open to negotiating contribution of relocation costs if moving to the state of Tasmania.
Applications are being received now and will be processed as they arrive, with a closing date of 10:00am Monday 10th October 2022.
Please contact email@example.com to receive an Application Pack.
Relief Teaching & Relief Teacher Aide Positions
Applications for relief teachers and teacher aides at Devonport Christian School are always welcome. If you are interested, please complete our online relief staff application form below.