Our Parents & Friends, also known as DCS Community, is a sub-committee of the DCS Board. The DCS Community works to build authentic community and family partnerships within our Christ-centred school.
Our vision is to build strong partnerships, connect and engage families, provide opportunities to support and serve, to foster a Christ-centred culture and to create the best possible environment for our children’s development at school.
We aim to do this by:
- DCS Community meeting together regularly, to promote fellowship and friendship; through this we strive to develop a real community between parents, teachers, students, families and friends of DCS.
- Providing an open and healthy forum to discuss ways the DCS Community could benefit the holistic education of students and the school community.
- Planning and organising activities and events that reinvest back into our families, children and their education.
- Partnering with the leadership of the school and being committed to the value of Godly leadership within our committee.
- Being inclusive, responsible, accountable and transparent.
- Always giving the glory to God
Meetings are held twice a term. If you are interested in attending, keep an eye out in our newsletter for information about upcoming meetings.